Monday, September 08, 2008

Norman, you're OK


Apparently I've had an endless supply of spinning fiber under my nose, all this time with out realizing it. This cat sheds his coat constanly. I don't know how it's possible that he can grow so much fur!

First off, wash the cat, then take a sample from the dry area on his back. I don't usually wash my cats, but he was pretty grubby. For some reason he thought he had to lick himself for an hour after his bath. Dude, I just did that for you!


Go ahead then. While you're so busy, I'll just spin up a little on the drop spindle. This is my first attempt at Navajo plying. I think I did it right.
.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! How cool is that? You spun your cat, I'm gobsmacked. Way to go.

Cele said...

Thats so funny and your cat is so cute.

PJ said...

Wow! Norman is like my Golden Retriever! Might as well make use of his beautiful fur :) Thanks for your comment and glad you posted!

Annie Jeffries said...

Becky, you are BACK!! So glad I did not miss out on the post. cool use of shedding. I bet the yarn is very soft.

Bettyjoy said...

Oh I love it:) Shame i don't have a cat/dog whose hair i could use - maybe I'll have to steal next door's moggin instead!